Premature scaling is widely believed to be the #1 killer of startups. So how to avoid it? Here is a great article with 10 things you should consider before scaling up.
- Scale remotely to minimize new overhead
- Spend money on the best people
- Understand what it takes to serve 10x the customers
- Systems first
- Premature scaling kills
- Listen to your customers (harder than it sounds!)
- Ride one horse at a time
- Be selective, open up slowly
- Stay focused on cash flow!
- Estimate growth, then divide by 2